Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Peace and happiness


This week's Illustration Friday topic is peace. I've missed the past 2 or 3 as it has been anything BUT peaceful around here! One of the few places I can escape is in the shower. For someone who hates swimming and getting wet in public, I LOVE a long hot shower. I take my coffee in there with me. If I could I'd have a little chair - seriously! I know someone who just lays down in the tub and lets the shower go... it's soothing. And in my house, the only place I can go and lock the door and be alone. Although my kids have been known to hang around outside the door talking, begging for things, fighting etc! I'm thinking I'll get a stereo system and a TV in there as well as the chair. Or just start wearing the ipod in there - do they make a waterproof ipod yet? Hope everyone is having the happiest of holidays.

15 comments:

Amy Zaleski said...

Sounds luxurious, Jooli. Ah, but for the waste of water, it sounds like something I'd love to indulge in more often. Happy New Year!!

pati said...

hehehe... nice idea, Jules. I've tried the chair in the shower, but I prefer a bathtube, which I don't have... yet ;)

I love ur illo and ur post.

Michelle Lana said...

hehe...great idea and concept! Love it!!!

Diane Duda said...

lovely! i'm a bath person myself...that way I can have a book/magazine as well. my husband just put a little shelf in for me and bought me a bookstand to prop my book on so it doesn't get all wet and fat. just add HOT water and...ahhhh, heaven!

claudine hellmuth said...

I love it! great style!

TheTart said...

Wonderful!

I can relate to this, 100%!!!

Smooches,
The Tart
; *

AstridMueller said...

Lol, very funny =) And cute illustation. Wishing you lots of peaceful moments for 2007! And thanks for stopping by on my blog too =)
Astrid

Zórdís said...

So important to have a holy place to enjoy the peace. Humorous story. I hope for peace with the new year!

tusen said...

Do they make waterproof coffee? ;)
Seriously, lovely illustration. I really like the expression.
Btw, I also love long hot showers.

studio lolo said...

Simply perfect!

Barbara said...

Oh boy, do I ever relate to your image and statement.

Thanks for the smile.

Lunabee said...

Lovely illo! and totally agree the shower can be very peaceful!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes, I can relate to this!

carla said...

I can imagine how crazy it must be in a household with little children! This is a perfect illustration for peace when one's houselhold is full of nonstop activity. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

haha, this is sos true! love your illo! peace